Acrylic Skull Painting
I LOVE skulls. I have no idea why, I just do!💀
I mean…. our skull is what shapes our head, and everyone’s skull is different.
No one can survive without one.
Okay, so, I hate science with a passion, but I do think the head is interesting. I love eyes and skulls. 👀
Skulls are REALLY hard for me to draw. REALLY HARD. 💣 From what I’ve learned though, the key to that is to….. PRACTICE. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.
The fact that I, me, Jade Goslin, am saying this right now means A LOT.
Anyway, to get back on track here, I looked up a ‘skull drawing’ and found the perfect one to copy from. I didn’t really copy it. I took the image, and drew my own version of it.
So look up, “skull drawings” and you’ll find some great drawings!👍
I love this painting and I hope you do too! I actually have it hanging on my wall!
Since Halloween is in 47 days, 21 hours, 9 minutes, and 17 seconds, why not be planned for it a bit early?
So, here are the instructions!💕
- 1 tube white paint
- 1 tube black paint
- 1 tube gray paint
- 1 tube paint any color
- 1 big paint brush
- 1 medium-sized paint brush
- 1 small paint brush
- 1 pencil
- 1 canvas
- Look up "skull drawings" and pick one that's right for you!
- Sketch that skull with a pencil on the canvas as best as you can. I drew headphones on mine, if you want you can add them as well, but you don't have to.
- Pick a color for the background, then using the big brush, paint around the skull. Use the small one as well for the tiny areas. (I used a darker shade of teal with some white in it.
- Re-outline your skull, in case any paint got on it.
- Paint the eye holes, nose, and around the teeth black.
- Paint the skull white, with gray in areas for detail and more of a dirty like skull.
- paint the teeth white, put itty-bitty bits of gray at the end of each tooth, again for that old, creepy look.
- If you want to add frown lines, just draw a couple lines on the forehead, then trace it with black paint. (Optional)
- If you drew headphones, paint them gray, then add some black on the edges. (Optional)
- Hope you have fun painting, let me know if there was any trouble, and I will try to correct it! ENJOY!
Shared with: Busy Monday, Lou Lou Girls LP, and Inspire Me Monday